Friday, December 2, 2011

Sugar Scrub Party Favors

 For my sister's Bridal shower I decided to make each guest a small jar of sugar scrub as a party favor. I used baby food jars to put the scrub into, just spray painted the lids teal first. The sugar scrub was a peppermint sugar scrub, you can find the recipe below. To make the jars you will need he following:
  • Baby food jars, cleaned with labels removed
  • Spray paint
  • Address labels
  • Pipe cleaners or ribbon
  • Sugar scrub recipe (see below)
1. Once all of your baby food jars are cleaned remove the lids and spray paint the tops and sides the color you would like. Let them dry.
2. Next print your labels for the jars. If you're using the Avery address labels you can download the template online here, and easily enter your text. I created my text in picnic and inserted the image into the template. You can find and save my image below.
3. Make your sugar scrub and fill each jar. Wrap a pipe cleaner around each jar, or tie with a ribbon. 
4. Place a label on each jar and you're done.


Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
  • 8 vitamin E liquid capsules (cut open and add gel)
Mix together ingredients in a large bowl. Fill each jar with sugar scrub. Recipe can be easily doubled to fill more jars. This sugar scrub is great to use on your feet.

Linking up HERE!

7 comments:

  1. This would be great to give to girlfriends for Christmas presents too. Saw you on Tatertots. Your blog is super cute.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from tt&j. Love this idea! I was wondering what else I could do with all my jars. Such a great idea. Im going to make some of these for Christmas gifts :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute! I love the idea of the scrub in baby food jars! May just have to add this to my "to-make-for-christmas-gifts" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!

    I would love it if you would come and share this at my Christmas link up this week.

    http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-link-part-no4.html

    Hope to see you there,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Love this idea but was wondering what type/brand of spray paint you used for the lids? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! This has made the handmade gift list on pinterest :)

    http://pinterest.com/onuava/home-made-gift-ideas/

    Does anyone know how long this would keep for?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!